How to create content quickly
If you want to create valuable content quickly, you must start with a good strategy. What is it that your customers or clients will find valuable? How can you entice them to take action and give you their contact information?
Real Life Example
Let me share a real life story. I was visiting with a client yesterday. I shared with him how easy it is to create content. He is a real estate agent, so that will be our example for today. Here is what I shared with him:
- Create a video: just shoot something quick from your smart phone. Tell something important like tips for getting your home ready to sell, tips for selecting the right neighborhood for your family, or tips for getting the best deal when buying a home.
- Use an app to transcribe the audio from your video for your, hire someone to transcribe the audio or type it up yourself.
- Post the video on a site like Youtube or Vimeo. Post the text on your blog.
- Share the video on social media one day. A few days later at another time of day, share the blog on the same social media. A few days later share them both again at different times and put a different headline on them. Use a handy tool like Hootesuite to schedule the posts for you.
- Encourage friends and previous clients to share this valuable information on social media.
As you can see, from simply posting something from your phone, you can come up with a mini strategy to get content. With the right tools, it will take you about 10 minutes to do one of these quick videos, get it transcribed and posted. Imagine the power of doing that once a week for your clients or customers.
Power of Strategy
Now, here is where the content strategy comes in. Create three or four of these little helpful tips for your customers. Package the blog posts in a pdf and offer it as a free download if a customer will share their name and email. Use a catchy title like “The Three Greatest Tips You Need to Know Before Selling Your House.”
You can also share the videos the same way, maybe even do both. Use a catchy title for these as well: “FREE - Three Part Video Series Share the Secrets of How to Get the Best Deal When Buying a House.” You just create an email sequence using an autoresponder and this goes on autopilot for you. (I personally use GetResponse as my autoresponder.)
IMPORTANT: Include a specific Call to Action
Make sure at the bottom of your report or on the last video in the series, you give a single call to action. Tell the customer/client exactly what you want them to do. “Now that you have seen how to get the best deal on a house, give me a call at 555-5555 so I can share a couple more tips and negotiate the best deal for your new home.”
What is your strategy for connecting to clients and customers? Share it on our Youtube or GooglePlus.