Posts Tagged: Content Aware
How to create content quickly
If you want to create valuable content quickly, you must start with a good strategy. What is it that your customers or clients will find valuable? How can you entice them to take action and give you their contact information?
Real Life Example
Let me share a real life story. I was visiting with a client yesterday. I shared with him how easy it is to create content. He is a real estate agent, so that will be our example for today. Here is what I shared with him:
- Create a video: just shoot something quick from your smart phone. Tell something important like tips for getting your home ready to sell, tips for selecting the right neighborhood for your family, or tips for getting the best deal when buying a home.
- Use an app to transcribe the audio from your video for your, hire someone to transcribe the audio or type it up yourself.
- Post the video on a site like Youtube or Vimeo. Post the text on your blog.
- Share the video on social media one day. A few days later at another time of day, share the blog on the same social media. A few days later share them both again at different times and put a different headline on them. Use a handy tool like Hootesuite to schedule the posts for you.
- Encourage friends and previous clients to share this valuable information on social media.
As you can see, from simply posting something from your phone, you can come up with a mini strategy to get content. With the right tools, it will take you about 10 minutes to do one of these quick videos, get it transcribed and posted. Imagine the power of doing that once a week for your clients or customers.
Power of Strategy
Now, here is where the content strategy comes in. Create three or four of these little helpful tips for your customers. Package the blog posts in a pdf and offer it as a free download if a customer will share their name and email. Use a catchy title like “The Three Greatest Tips You Need to Know Before Selling Your House.”
You can also share the videos the same way, maybe even do both. Use a catchy title for these as well: “FREE – Three Part Video Series Share the Secrets of How to Get the Best Deal When Buying a House.” You just create an email sequence using an autoresponder and this goes on autopilot for you. (I personally use GetResponse as my autoresponder.)
IMPORTANT: Include a specific Call to Action
Make sure at the bottom of your report or on the last video in the series, you give a single call to action. Tell the customer/client exactly what you want them to do. “Now that you have seen how to get the best deal on a house, give me a call at 555-5555 so I can share a couple more tips and negotiate the best deal for your new home.”
What is your strategy for connecting to clients and customers? Share it on our Youtube or GooglePlus.
Use online content to gain leads and convert customers
Content is valuable information that you can giveaway in exchange for marketing information that you want. You may want an email address so that you can send an email sequence, you may want a phone number for your sales team to call, or you may want an address to send a direct mail sequence. Valuable content can be used in many ways, only limited by your imagination. You can even use content to boost your social media by getting shares, views, likes, etc. In essence it is a currency exchange where you exchange information you have about your industry for information your customers have about themselves. Make sure your content is the value. If the value is not good enough, they don’t want your products. Here are some examples of content to get your brain thinking about how to gain more customers and get more leads: (Our examples are for an auto mechanic to show the possibilities of using content for a business that is not online.)
- Create a report titled “What you need to know before hiring _____” Insert your industry or business. Ex: What you need to know before hiring an automotive repair technician.”
- Create a checklist for what people need to accomplish for a certain task. Ex: Save thousands. Free checklist to go over before taking your car to a mechanic.
- Create an industry report. Include statistics and trends, but don’t forget to mention how you can help . Ex: Free report on the updated standards of car repair.
- Create an audio. Ex: Download the free audio about how to get the best mileage from your automobile no matter how old it is.
- Create a video series. Ex: Five part video series reveals the hidden power locked in your automobile.
- Create coupons. I probably don’t need to talk much about this one, but think creative. Use a mobile ap or have them text you. The key is to get information from them so that you can market to them.
- BONUS: Have customers create content. Many businesses use Instagram and give a discount to people how post using a certain hashtag and sending an email. You get two benefits. One, you get people to share something about your business on social media. Two, you get an email that you can use to follow up and send specials.
The key is to create something that your customer will find valuable. Make it sound exciting and limited. Make them feel like they are getting something so valuable, they don’t mind giving up the information that you asked for.
IMPORTANT: Have a follow-up STRATEGY in place
Before designing any content to gather customers, make sure you have a follow up strategy. If you collect emails, have an email sequence ready to be sent. You can even set up something like this in advanced for free using MailChimp, or use a paid service with more features like Aweber or my personal favorite GetResponse.
No matter what information you collect, you have to do something with it. It could be a simple “thank you for joining our valuable email list” followed a couple of days later with a “here’s a special ten percent discount because you joined our list and are part of our family.” You have to make the information fit the content. And you have to find your voice to use.
The more you can endear people to your company the more passionate they will be about your business. You will have a tribe of raving fans in no time. How are you using content to connect with your customers? Share it on our Youtube or GooglePlus.